BO(zo) did a flyover and crapped on NASA at the KSC today on his way to a $30K/plate fundraiser. He’s now hawking his new plan that I’ve dubbed the B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T plan. Note: the original, bulleted, items are all taken from the White House handout.
Lets’ review the new B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T plan, shall we?
• Advances America's commitment to human spaceflight and exploration of the solar system, with a bold new vision and timetable for reaching new frontiers deeper in space.
Standard campaign B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T we've heard this crap from every sleazy politician since JFK (who was the only one who actually meant what he said)
• Increases NASA's budget by $6 billion over 5 years.
Last year’s NASA budget was $18.69 billion. This year’s Pentagon budget is $708.3 billion. $1.2 billion extra per year is nothing, if he were serious about supporting NASA he would have doubled the budget and it still would be a rounding error on the Pentagon's spreadsheet = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
• Leads to more than 2,500 additional jobs in Florida's Kennedy Space Center area by 2012, as compared to the prior path.
Since they were going to lose 7,000 jobs by 2012, this really means they’ll only lose 4,500 jobs = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
• Begins major work on building a new heavy lift rocket sooner, with a commitment to decide in 2015 on the specific heavy-lift rocket that will take us deeper into space.
“with a commitment to decide in 2015” – in the last year of his second term in office, he gets to decide… or not = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T and btw, we already have several heavy lift rockets ready to go: the Atlas V, the Delta 4 Heavy, Direct 3 (otherwise known as: using the Shuttle engines we are already using) = more B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
• Initiates a vigorous new technology development and test program to increase the capabilities and reduce the cost of future exploration activities.
This statement is semantically null = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
• Launches a steady stream of precursor robotic exploration missions to scout locations and demonstrate technologies to increase the safety and capability of future human missions, while also providing scientific dividends.
No specifics, which means he’s just co-opting missions already in the pipeline = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
• Restructures Constellation and directs NASA to develop the Orion crew capsule effort in order to provide stand-by emergency escape capabilities for the Space Station – thereby reducing our reliance on foreign providers.
Turns Constellation: an escape velocity (25,000mph) crew life support and re-entry system, into a port-a-potty backup LEO system (17,000mph) in case the Russians stop sending up Soyuz capsules to rescue our ISS crews = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
• Establishes the technological foundation for future crew spacecraft needed for missions beyond low Earth orbit.
Complete and utter crap – he just killed off our “technological foundation for future crew spacecraft needed for missions beyond low Earth orbit”: it was called Constellation = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T “likely beyond 2020” = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
“1- 2 years sooner”. Than what, using the Shuttle? = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
• Jumpstarts a new commercial space transportation industry to provide safe and efficient crew and cargo transportation to the Space Station, projected to create over 10,000 jobs nationally over the next five years.
All the supposedly ‘new’ commercial space industry companies are already up and running under existing programs, this is just campaign B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
• Invests in Florida, adding $3 billion more for the Kennedy Space Center to manage – a 60 percent increase.
More campaign B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
• Makes strategic investments to develop critical knowledge, technologies, and capabilities to expand long-duration human exploration into deep space in a more efficient and safe manner, thus getting us to more destinations in deep space sooner.
Utter crap, this is all about trying to shift the responsibility onto someone else = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
• And puts the space program on a more ambitious trajectory that pushes the frontiers of innovation to propel us on a new journey of innovation and discovery deeper into space.
Utterer crap = B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
The 2012 campaign has certainly begun. I wrote this to then Senator Obama in 2007. Nothing has changed. Get ready to see Russian and Chinese space stations in the sky cause BO(zo) has just tossed our space program under the bus.